Williams Meteor Hammer Mill Feed Grinders
are characterized by high hammer-tip speed to permit a fine product or to obtain specific characteristics in the finished product. This type of hammer mill particularly well suited for producing high-quality fluff for the absorbent medium and non-woven fiber markets.
Features of the Williams Meteor Hammer Mill Include:
- Large diameters and varying widths make more area available for discharge and require less air for transportation or chance of clogging
- The larger hammer circle on certain Meteor Hammer Mill models allow a lower RPM operating speed, producing high quality fiberized material while reducing operating noise, bearing down time, and vibration.
- A Williams Meteor Hammer Mill is constructed of heavy 1/2" plate for both the housing and rotor.
- The feeder breaker bar is an innovative single unit design makes the feeder a removable device that can be quickly interchanged in the event of a jam.
- The special, patented rotor design produces a staggered hammer arrangement with every other row of hammer cluster covering the center discs. The continuous rotor and adjustable tray allow production of high quality fluff with less than 5% fiber damage for the absorbent medium and non-woven fiber markets.
- The patented design allows external adjustment of the breaker bar clearance to the hammer circle in increments of .002 while the equipment is in operation. Four independently driven pinch rolls, spring-loaded and adjustable, allow use of sheets or continuous rolls without loss of product quality.